1) Do we really have to keep using the Wilhelm scream? Really?
2) Can we please stop with the angsty close-ups of important characters screaming "NOOOOO!!!" when we all know nobody is really going to die?
3) Can we stop dangling over cliffs for entirely too long waiting for "the nick of time?"
4) Do excessively comical bad guys have to make slapstick comments right before they die?
5) Why are there no obvious injuries after our heros fall from cartoonish heights?
6) Why in the world is Thranduil riding an ELK?
Maybe it could have been cool, but at the time it was just jarring. Will we ever live it down? That remains to be seen.
By the way, Bilbo was awesome, Elrond was bad@$$, and Gollum was brilliant.