Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Peddling Happiness

Here's a news flash: Nobody is happy.

However, everybody absolutely wants to be happy, and that's what keeps marketing teams in business. Personally I think they should all be fired in favor of a new and more creative crop of people, because their ploy has become vulgarly transparent.

Remember that annoying BnL theme from Wall-E?









Soda and Chapstick are the secrets for lasting happiness.  Who knew?

Speaking for myself, I am insulted that these corporations assume their product is all it will take to make me happy.  It's as if they're trying to shove a Coke in my mouth like a pacifier.  The truth is nobody is going to be happy until we stop trying to distract ourselves from our selfish materialistic lives and start living like this world has a purpose beyond our personal gratification.

And, by the way, I'll take Burt's Bees over Chapstick any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment