Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

The Official Dress


We tried to choose something conservative that would please all parties involved, and what we ended up with is known as 8567 at David's Bridal. The official color is Marine Blue, which you can find by clicking on the color swatch at the side of the page.

To go with it, Bev picked out a black chiffon shrug, known as 81094, which apparently isn't represented on the website. The shrug isn't set in stone; if you already have a black one, by all means feel free to save some money.

Shoes need not be uniform. Heels, flats, whatever makes you comfortable, so long as they're black. It's supposed to be a floor-length gown, so they shouldn't be very conspicuous anyway.

We're still working the problem of the veils/hats. I'd like not to have to stick each of you with a $60 hat if I don't have to.

If there is a David's Bridal outlet near you, you're in luck. Just go to them with the style number
and they'll know what you're talking about. If you give them my name and the fact that this all originated at the Richmond location, you should be able to get $20 off with my coupon.

*Please bear in mind that it's going to take about three months to deliver if you have to special order it.*

If you simply must get new shoes, online or in-store, I also have a 15% off coupon for those if you like. Contact me for the promotional code if you need it.

If by chance you don't live near a David's Bridal, you can give me your dress size and I can order it for you.

Jewelry will be provided. :)

2 comments:

  1. A bit of important advice. Don't go by the dress size you normally wear. Formal/bridesmaid dresses (and wedding gowns) don't go by traditional sizes but vary greatly from designer to designer and even from style to style. Make sure that you get yourself measured at a bridal shop so that you can send the specific measurements if you need to have Steph order one for you. My bridesmaids and I ran into problems like that with at least one of the dresses so I just thought I'd pass it on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty dresses, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete