Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hanging in There

I finally got a doctor's appointment to check my blood pressure after more than a month of trying.  I was late despite my best efforts because the gate I needed was very closed when I got there.  The verdict is that they want to do more blood work, keep me on the medication for another three months, and would very much like me to check my blood pressure daily and keep a log.  I refuse to shell out $$$ for my own personal machine, so they'll just have to be happy with a weekly check, if I can find some pharmacy somewhere.  It's like a self-perpetuating nightmare.

I also had to explain the sordid details of my recent medical history to two separate individuals, and give brutally honest answers to questions like, "How old is your baby now?", and "Is it a boy or a girl?"

Nothing else I did today seemed to go exactly according to plan, either.  All of a sudden, despite being unemployed and having no children, I have a thousand places to be.  But while I was sitting in traffic, watching my eggs and yogurt spoil, I heard this song on the radio.  It didn't actually help much, but it did put things in some perspective.



And I am very thankful at least that we haven't been blown away by tornados or flooded out of the neighborhood.  I'm starting to develop a phobia of natural disasters.

3 comments:

  1. -hugs- You're doing great. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping Faith through trials is the pathway to Heaven. Praying for you Sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the inspiring advice and encouragement has already been given, I'll just add: I thought the song was awesome.
    I bought it. ;)

    ReplyDelete