Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Living in the Big Picture

In the very near future, we will have our first deployment experience.  I can't complain, because it won't be for a terribly long time.  It will be the longest we've been separated since our wedding, but only by a smidge.  There will be other longer deployments throughout the year, but nothing unbearable.  I finished sewing the new patches on his uniforms today.

Apparently I'm considered a bit of an anomaly by Dave's shipmates, in that I encourage him to volunteer for these things, not that he really needed my approval.  If he's going to go, he might as well go now while there's nobody at home but me.  While God still sees fit to deny us living children, we're determined to make the most of it.  I'll probably take the chance to take a few road trips while he's gone.

Besides, this all plays into the larger plan of making his resume look better than the next guy, getting a promotion, moving into a larger apartment, and eventually being in a position to adopt.

No comments:

Post a Comment